Portable fire extinguishers are designed for the first stages of fire fighting. The device consists of a pressure container containing a type of extinguishing agent, which depends on the type and size of the apparatus equipped with the element by which it is actuated.
The most common fire extinguishers in our area are powder extinguishers with an extinguishing capability of 21A, snow extinguishers of type 55B for server and technology rooms, and foam extinguishers in petrol pumps.
According to the requirements of Ordinance No. 23/2008, on the technical conditions of fire protection of buildings, a family house should be equipped with a portable fire extinguisher with a fire extinguishing capacity of 34A, which is ideally supplemented by a smoke detector.
Fire extinguishers by type of extinguishing agent (extinguishing cartridge):
- Powder extinguishers that can extinguish fires of class A, B, C, i.e., solids, liquids and gases.
- Water extinguishers that can extinguish Class A fires, i.e., solids only.
- Foam water extinguishers that can extinguish fires of class A, B, i.e., solids and liquids.
- Snow (CO2) extinguishers that can extinguish class B and C fires, i.e., liquids, gases and live electrical equipment.
- Fire extinguishers with pure extinguishing agent that can extinguish class B and C fires, i.e., liquids, gases and live electrical equipment.
Portable fire extinguishers are specialized equipment and, according to the Section 5(1)(a) of Act 133/1985, on Fire Protection, and § 9 of Ordinance 246/2001, on Fire Prevention, their regular inspection is required at specified intervals. We will of course take care of that for you.