Fire dampers and firewall shutters can nowadays be found in more or less every building. They are an indivisible part of the fire safety equipment of the building (in accordance with Section 5(1)(e) of Act No. 133/1985, on Fire Safety, and Section 7(4) of Ordinance No. 246/2001, on Fire Prevention). The inspection of fire dampers and fire shutters is therefore mandatory and takes place in the form of periodic annual checks (so-called revisions). Fire damper and fire shutter checks are done to the extent and in the manner established by legal regulations, standards-related requirements and the original documentation of the manufacturer, at least once a year, unless stated differently (especially for newly installed fire dampers).
The operability of these components is very important from a safety point of view.
The reasons for fire damper and fire shutter inspections include:
- prevention of losses to human and animal health, ensuring safe evacuations,
- loss prevention due to the spread of fire and smoke on the property of the affected building and surrounding buildings that are at risk by such a fire,
- avoiding penalties during preventive inspections by the FD,
- enabling effective and safe intervention of the FD,
- application of insurance claims based on valid operational checks.
Our services cover more than just inspections. We also provide service related to, e.g., use of prescribed insulation made by the manufacturer of fire dampers installed outside the edge of the wall, proper hanging of fire dampers, lubrication of moveable parts, clean-up of clogged components. Replacement of original parts is a matter of course.