Fire shutters include, of course, fire-resistant doors, windows, revision doors and panic hardware and locks, which can be found in every building nowadays. They are an indivisible part of the fire safety equipment of the building in accordance with Section 5(1)(a) of Act No. 133/1985, on Fire Safety, and Section 9 of Ordinance No. 246/2001, on Fire Prevention. The periodic annual checks are therefore mandatory. Inspections are carried out to the extent and in the manner laid down by the legislation, the requirements of the relevant standards and the manufacturer's accompanying documentation at least once a year, unless a shorter period is specified.
Fire shutters, panic hardware and lock inspections are important due to:
- prevention of losses to human and animal health, ensuring safe evacuations,
- loss prevention due to the spread of fire and smoke on the property of the affected building and surrounding buildings that are at risk by such a fire,
- avoiding penalties during preventive inspections by the FD,
- enabling effective and safe intervention of the FD,
- application of insurance claims based on valid operational checks.
In addition to inspections, we also offer service of non-compliant fire shutters. We are able to supply and arrange repairs for the investor, ranging from adjustments of automatic shutters and drop rails to the replacement of damaged doors and door frames.